Monday, January 08, 2007

Odd scales

I can't decide between these as my all time fav odd scales.

Torino Scale - The Torino Scale is a method for categorizing the impact hazard associated with near-Earth objects (NEOs) such as asteroids and comets that want to blast your ass sky high.

Scoville scale - The Scoville scale is a measure of the "hotness" of a chili.

Schmidt and Starr pain scales - So, who calibratedthese? and can I just say the Americanism 'chili peppers' is painful to hear - its a 5 on the pain scale - don't say it. Chilly is not a half word like 'mother' in Oakland, please for the love of Baal drop the word 'pepper'

-----------

Edit - I just remembered another -
Kardashev scale - The Kardashev scale is a general method of classifying how technologically advanced a civilization

3 comments:

Laura said...

i vote scoville scale. I've refrenced it in a paper for school.

Steph said...

You sir are a very strange man....But that's a good thing. ;)

unique_stephen said...

gee's shucks
Thanks Steph, Seldom has a kinder word been spoken of me.